It is NOT necessary to register or transfer your domain(s) to WP NET in order to use our hosting services.
Whilst it is not necessary to have your domain(s) registered with WP NET in order to use our hosting services, we do provide domain registration services for those that wish to have their hosting and domain(s) with a single provider. When you sign up for WP NET WordPress hosting, you can choose to transfer your domain to WP NET, or you can leave it with your current registrar. You can also transfer domains at any time by going to wpnet.nz/domain-transfer.
Requirements to Transfer Domains
- You must obtain a UDAI / EPP code for each domain you wish to transfer.
- The transfer cost is minimum 1 year registration fee. This additional time is added on to any existing registration period. Domain fees are available here: wpnet.nz/domain-register.
Before you initiate a domain transfer, we recommend that you download or copy all the DNS records from your current registrar's control panel. Some registrars provide a convenient download DNS zone file function to facilitate this.
We can usually obtain DNS records ourselves (using DNS lookup tools), but in some cases there are records we can't see, so it's best to play it safe and copy all records from the originating registrar.
Transfer a Domain
- Go to wpnet.nz/domain-transfer
- Enter the domain name you wish to transfer
- Enter the domain's UDAI / EPP code to authorise the transfer (you can obtain this from your current registrar)
- Click Add to Cart
- Complete checkout and payment
- Domain transfer will initiate and you will receive email notifications of progress
- If you have additional domains to transfer, repeat steps 1 -6 for each additional domain
WP NET can transfer the following TLDs:
Domain pricing is displayed on the Register Domain page.
Once the transfer has completed you can manage your domain with the Domain Console. To access the Domain Console, go to the Domains page in My WP NET and click the Login to Domain Console button in the sidebar. If this button does not appear or does not work, please open a support ticket and we will set it up for you.